The UX Content Strategist is senior-associate-level role, and is responsible for the ideation, creation, and management of content strategy for Pennebaker and our clients. Our clients are B2B companies, so extra points if you’ve focused on creating content journeys that support long sales cycles, including support.
Pennebaker considers content strategy an integral part of user experience. While content marketing is a part of our offering, this role encompasses more than just the tactical facets of content for demand generation and lead nurturing. Our projects often involve the planning, mapping, and creation of content for multiple long-term journeys that marry digital and analog marketing channels.
This role is expected to participate in and occasionally lead strategic discussions as a part of the Digital Strategy team, and will advise the Account team and our clients on content strategy and tactics. The content strategist will also manage the content creation process, and advise the team and creative resources as necessary. Written communication and presentation skills are required for success.
This role is expected to operate with some autonomy, and will report to the Director - Digital Strategy.
The Content Strategist will:
- Develop content strategy for marketing websites and internal portals
- Develop detailed content maps that align user tasks and business goals, including site maps, taxonomies, and per-page content templates
- Manage the process of creating, acquiring, curating , and inserting content, including content prioritization, content calendars, and coordination with writers/designers. This isn’t a project management role, but PMs will lean on you to help build production plans.
- Participate in workshops with client stakeholders, leading segments when necessary.
- Collaborate with digital marketing strategists to create SEO strategies (as related to content strategy and site structure).
- Manage the content governance process for client websites.
- Participate in the QA process for our products.
- Assist department head and account team with scoping and pricing content projects, as well as participating in the pitching process when necessary. This isn’t a sales role, but you should feel comfortable discussing the benefits and approaches to content strategy with potential clients.
- Keep pace with content strategy and user experience industry trends and developments.
- Content management for client websites.
- Assist with building and maintaining content processes that streamline our content strategy initiatives.
- At least 5 years’ experience in website content strategy.
- In-depth knowledge of content creation, management, and governance processes.
- Working knowledge of SEO techniques and philosophies, and a process for performing search-based content mapping.
- Proficient in Google Analytics & Search Console.
- Working knowledge of content management systems and how they function.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or equivalent experience in content strategy in place of formal degree.
- Experience in both in-house and agency content strategy practices
- Familiarity with user experience design principles & philosophies
- Familiarity with content modeling and information architecture
- Familiarity with how HTML/CSS/JS work, and their limitations.
- Experience with Craft CMS
Pennebaker offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, 401(k), short-term, and long-term disability. Compensation (base pay and bonus) is commensurate with experience.
Pennebaker is a specialized branding and communications firm focused on developing strategies that align with our clients’ business goals and often push a little beyond. We are committed to professionalism, clarity, and efficiency and value quality, creativity, and service.
Pennebaker has more than 34 years of experience in branding and marketing companies, products and services for a wide range of businesses in the energy, finance, technology, professional service and retail industries. Whether maximizing our clients’ presence in the marketplace, helping them grab market share, or launching new companies or products, we are passionate advocates for our clients’ success.