Pennebaker is seeking a strategic self-starter who is passionate about solving high-impact business challenges with targeted marketing and communications strategies and unparalleled client service to join the account service team as our newest Brand Strategy Manager.
To be considered for this role, an applicant must possess the following:
- Proven track record of successfully developing and implementing marketing strategies for clients
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple accounts, projects, and project teams in a fast-paced environment
- Genuine interest in learning about clients' businesses, including company culture, targets, sales processes, products, services and technologies
- Articulate and polished written and verbal communication skills, appropriate for this client-facing role
- Work ethic and attitude that supports our core values: teamwork, smart, creative, passionate about the work, and adaptable
As the primary liaison between the agency and client, the Brand Strategy Manager is required to learn and understand the client’s business and recognize the most appropriate branding/marketing solutions for the client’s challenges.
In addition to having excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ideal candidate must be an effective task manager and juggler – prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously for a variety of clients and keeping those projects on schedule and on budget.
- Has a minimum of five (5) years of work experience in branding and/or marketing/communications, preferably in an agency or client service environment
- Recognizes and recommends appropriate strategic branding and marketing strategies to decision-makers within the marketing domains of an organization
- Identifies innovative ways for solving a problem or addressing a marketing challenge
- Understands the client’s business goals, audiences, the competitive landscape, messaging, and challenges and provides sound, strategic recommendations to achieve the goals
- Has competency in offline and online communication channel strategies for internal and external marketing and communication campaigns
- Drafts marketing and communications plans and proposals, communication playbooks, and creative briefs
- Works well with fellow colleagues in the department, as well as with other disciplines in the agency (designers, copywriters, principals, etc.)
- Brings a positive attitude to the work environment and a willingness to contribute to the agency’s success
- Creative thinker and problem-solver
- Positive, team-oriented personality
- Possesses excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Well-spoken and articulate in client meetings and presentations, accurately communicating the situation/business at hand
- Creates and manages marketing budgets (for individual projects and campaigns)
- Ensures projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Monitors job profitability
- Accurately invoices each project (e.g. making sure that costs align with approved estimate or the agreed-upon fee/arrangement).
- Detail oriented and organized
- Is able to coordinate logistics and meet deadlines for multiple projects
- Is able to effectively troubleshoot and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Able to grow existing client relationships
- Performs job responsibilities with accuracy and efficiency
- Understands and has experience in web development process and video production
- MAC and Microsoft Office proficient (Word, Excel, Keynote, PPT), with experience in Pages
The Brand Strategy Manager reports to the Director of Account Service.
Pennebaker offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, 401(k), short-term, and long-term disability. Compensation (base pay and bonus) is commensurate with experience.